At least 15 people have been killed in targeted attacks in November in the southern province of Kandahar, two sources aware of the matter said.
Most of the victims were members of the Taliban members and on average, three to five people were assassinated every week during November in Kandahar, the sources said.
The motive of the attacks is not clear so far, but the incidents have not stopped in the province, said a source from Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission said.
Meanwhile, a source from the Taliban said that at least 13 members of the group were killed in attacks by unknown armed men in the province in November.
This comes as an anti-Taliban movement, known as freedom front, has claimed to have conducted three ambushes against Taliban in Kandahar in November. The movement has claimed that four Taliban members, including two commanders of the group, have been killed and four more have been wounded in the attacks.
The AFF fighters conducted a targeted attack close to the Fawar-e-Awal area in Ainomineh town of Kandahar on November 22nd. The group claimed that two Taliban commanders were killed in the attack.
One of these attacks happened on November 22 in which two gunmen attacked a Taliban vehicle that was patrolling in the area, killing one Taliban member and wounding two others.
Taliban has not commented on the attacks, but Taliban leader Mullah Haibatullah in a late night phone call with heads of every police command in Kandahar asked them to ramp up security measures.
Last month, three bodies were found in the city of Kandahar. Sources said they were tortured to death. No group or individual claimed responsibility for the incident.