Chinese diplomatic offices abroad will resume the issuance of all types of visas to foreign nationals on Wednesday, China’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement on Tuesday.
The decision is made to further facilitate cross-border travel, the statement said.
Foreign nationals with visas that were issued ahead of March 28, 2020, and are still within their validity dates are able to enter China directly, according to the statement.
The statement said that visa authorities at all ports will also resume issuing visas for those who meet all requirements.
Visa-free polices will remain in effect for entry to southern tourist island of Hainan and cruise ships passing through Shanghai port, the statement said.
Group travels of foreigners from Hong Kong and Macao to Guangdong Province and foreigners from ASEAN countries to Guilin City of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region will require no visas upon arrival.
The statement added that other 40 countries to its list for which group tours are allowed starting from March 15, bringing the total number of countries to 60.
China’s inbound and outbound travels were halted in early 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As the country relaxed its pandemic travel restrictions in December last year, international trips have released constant signs of positive trajectory and steady recovery.